Batteriebrände Smartphones und Laptops

Early Morning Fire on Industrial Road

The Berkeley Heights Fire Department responded to an early morning structure fire at 81 Industrial Road on Tuesday. The cause of the fire was accidental due to malfunction of an external lithium laptop battery, said Hopkins.

The fire was held in check by the sprinklers, said Deputy Chief Jim Hopkins. "The crews forced entry to a business to extinguish remaining fire, other crews conducted searches that proved negative."  He said, two neighboring businesses in this large multi-use building suffered water and smoke damage. 



  • Batteriebrand
  • Lithium-Ionen-Batterien
  • Laptop