Batteriebrände Hoverboard

Hoverboard explodes into flames while charging inside family's caravan



The gadget was charging inside a caravan when it started to smoke, prompting the family to rush it outside. But when they set it on the ground it exploded, creating thick plumes of smoke at the Cofton Holiday Park in Dawlish, south Devon, this week.

 



A fire service spokesman said: 'When the crew arrived they found that the fire involved a hoverboard, which was on charge under the caravan awning.

 

'The owners saw some smoke coming from the board so moved it outside but as they did it exploded.

 

'Luckily they had a dry powder extinguisher and used it.

 

'The crew checked the board with a thermal image camera and used a hose reel to damp it down.

 

'We have the owners permission to use the video to illustrate how lucky they were to be on site at the time as this could've ended very differently.'

 

Trading Standards have previously seized a number of models because the lithium batteries can overheat and catch fire when charging.

 

Quelle: www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-6562677/Moment-hoverboard-explodes-flames-charging-inside-familys-caravan.html

  • Batteriebrand
  • Lithium-Ionen-Batterien
  • Hoverboard