Batteriebrände Hoverboard

Hoverboard Sparks Huge Trash Fire In Bellevue

A garbage truck had to dump its load along a Bellevue street Wednesday morning after a fire broke out inside the trash compartment, according to local authorities. Fire officials believe one of those fire-hazard hoverboards caused the blaze.

The fire was reported around 8:30 a.m. along 116th Avenue Northeast near the Hampton Inn hotel. Firefighters were able to get the trash fire under control quickly. And that's when they discovered the charred remains of a hoverboard amid the burned trash.


Some 14,000 hoverboards have been recalled due to fire hazard posed by their lithium-ion batteries. In 2016 alone, there were reports of 60 fires involving the devices. All major airlines have banned them as luggage due to the risk.



  • Batteriebrand
  • Hoverboard
  • Lithium-Ionen-Batterien