This is the unexpected moment a smartphone battery explodes like a bomb in repairman’s hands.
The incident happened in a mobile shop in the province of Van in eastern Turkey where the customer, whose identity has not been revealed, brought a smartphone with a problem for repair.
The video filmed on CCTV shows the unnamed repairman taking the battery from the phone in his hands before it explodes and starts to burn brightly almost immediately.
He instantly throws it away from the desk to the floor, terrifying the two customers sitting on the opposite side of the desk and the other repairmen.
It is not known whether any of the men ended up injured. The brand of the smartphone has not been revealed.
A lithium-ion battery can reportedly possibly explode when it breaks after the device is dropped, or as a result of the heat caused when charging.