A vape battery exploded in a woman’s handbag inside a post office in the city of Salisbury in North Carolina on Thursday evening, causing concern. According to police, the woman had several batteries in her Michael Kors bag and one of them exploded while she was in 600 block of East Innes Street.
Police and firefighters arrived at the scene, but no injuries were reported. The bag was damaged due to the explosion. Authorities believe the batteries inside the bag either rubbed together or came into contact with something else metallic, causing the explosion.
The incident is under investigation, but there is no threat to public safety, police said.